SALT LAKE CITY — March 10, 2021 — Pattern, the premier platform for global ecommerce, today announced the launch of the Marketplace Performance Score™ (MPS™) — a new ecommerce industry metric designed to help leaders understand the health and performance of their brand on global ecommerce marketplaces.
Developed by Pattern’s data scientists, MPS holistically measures the ecommerce performance of a brand’s top products across three key drivers and 16 dimensions that impact a brand’s ecommerce revenue growth. The result is a score from 1-10 that helps brands in an ever-increasing array of industries — including tools, direct selling, and pet products — measure their performance relative to their competitors.
“For too long, brands have lacked a data-driven methodology to gauge the health of their ecommerce presence relative to their competitors,” said Pattern Co-Founder and CEO David Wright. “The Marketplace Performance Score provides a powerful way for leaders to simply and transparently assess how their ecommerce strategies are performing relative to their competition and where they can optimize to maximize their brand’s ecommerce revenue potential.”
The Marketplace Performance Score has been an integral and exclusive part of Pattern’s offering to its partners for years and is now being made available for the first time for public use. The new standard is a measurement of the following key drivers that impact revenue growth:
- Paid Traffic — the effectiveness of a brand’s advertising efforts, including keyword strategy, ad programs, and ad tactics.
- Organic Traffic — how well a brand is capturing organic traffic within its category
- Marketplace Coverage — how many global marketplaces (Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc.) a brand’s products are being sold in.
- Listing Titles, Bullets, and Description — the degree to which a brand is utilizing best practices for titles, bullet points, and descriptions.
- Listing Images and Videos — how well a brand is using high-quality and optimized multimedia to convey product features and benefits.
- Content — how well a brand is conveying its voice and branding across the marketplace.
- Ratings & Reviews — how well a brand’s products are being accepted by marketplace shoppers according to ratings and reviews.
- Competitiveness — the degree to which a brand effectively utilizes promotional elements on its product pages.
- Channel Conflict — the likelihood that an online marketplace will undercut a brand’s brick and mortar retail partners on other platforms and channels.
- Number of Sellers — the number of unique entities selling a brand’s products on a given marketplace.
- Product Compliance — a measure of the stability of the price of a brand’s products on a given marketplace.
- Cross-Channel Consistency — an assessment of the price consistency of a brand’s products across ecommerce marketplaces and D2C websites.
Leaders interested in receiving their brand’s Marketplace Performance Score can do so here.
Pattern is the premier platform for global ecommerce — helping brands command their maximum share of the exploding $6 trillion ecommerce market. Founded in 2013, Pattern uses its proprietary technology platform, industry expertise, and global distribution, logistics, and fulfillment services to help brands attain profitable e-commerce growth on their websites and on hundreds of global marketplaces — including Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Google, Tmall, JD, and MercadoLibre. To learn more, visit pattern.com or email email@example.com.
Head of Corporate Communications